Friday 24 April 2015

The Storeyard

Last week I brought a friend to one of my favourite haunts; The Storeyard


It's an antique shop/salvage yard with an amazing tea room right in the middle that serve the best desserts and cakes! We spent about three hours mooching around. It's not exactly cheap but I have never left without picking up something. It's a bit like being in a museum. Admittedly, I had to look at the tags on several occasions to determine what exactly I was looking at! It's essentially a big warehouse but is designed really well with lots of little roomsets and areas of interest. Here are a few sneaky pics from inside...


Have my eye on 'The Abbey' metal sign for a while now. The Abbey Theatre is the national theatre of Ireland. Can't understand why no-one has snapped this up already. 


On this table is a Victorian gentleman's travelling suitcase with lots of the original glass bottles inside with cologne, etc. On the outside are stickers from Dublin hotels which have long since closed. I can't help but wonder about the gentleman who owned this. This is what I love about vintage pieces.


These were being sold separately strangely enough. So cute! They were quite large pieces and had lots of lovely details, made mostly of wood.


Loved this little garden vignette. I'm thinking it's a vintage saddle rack!? Bought some of these mini terracotta pots on my last visit.


Love this royal blue upholstery. And the trumpet. I've always kinda wanted one, I don't play or anything!


My friend purchased one of these vintage watering cans. I bought one of these on my very first visit. Behind them is an amazing piece with eight drawers all hand labelled; Ironmongery, Screws, Brushes, Show-Maker...
And my all time favourites, vintage suitcases!!


This was one corner of an amazing Chinese inspired bedroom. The detail in the fabrics and the furniture pieces was astounding. Sorry it was a bit dark in this room.


Love that gorgeous wooden panelling and that feather/down filled sofa was so comfy.


And this sofa with it's lovely cushions.

So what did I buy???


This cute little book on Birds Eggs....


And this vintage wooden golf club. 


This was for Mr. Auburn as he's a golfer but I have a plan for this one... 

Follow on Bloglovin  

4 comments:

  1. What interesting shops within a shop. There are so many interesting things. I saw some religious statues too that looked interesting. I'm not sure why they were separate the horses from the carriages, because they seemed to go together. I love the things you found, and the little opera glasses.Thank you for showing us. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love shops like this. So many wonderful things and displayed in a way that really inspires. I love your purchases. The gentleman's suitcase with original bottles is an extraordinary piece. Thanks for sharing this place. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never heard of a tea shop in a salvage shop-so fun! Great stuff and your treasures are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my word this place looks amazing! Where is it?
    Linda

    ReplyDelete

You might also like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...